In the following content, the editor will focus on the introduction and elaboration of the relevant content of the industrial control motherboard. I hope this article can help you improve your understanding of the industrial control motherboard. Let’s take a look with the editor.
1. Matters needing attention in the use of industrial control motherboards
The industrial control motherboard is a motherboard used in industrial occasions. It is adopted by industrial computers. It can adapt to a wide temperature environment according to requirements, can adapt to harsh environments, and can work under high load for a long time. So what should be paid attention to in the process of using the industrial control motherboard? Let’s find out together below.
1. Please plug and unplug components under power-off conditions. Before connecting the power connector to the motherboard, please make sure that the power is turned off to avoid damage to sensitive components caused by momentary power shocks.
2. After taking out the motherboard from the packing box, please confirm that there are no pins or other short circuits caused by the transportation process. Note: Modern electronic products are very sensitive to static electricity. Before handling the motherboard, please wear an electrostatic wristband or electrostatic gloves to protect yourself static conduction away.
3. Please place the motherboard in an electrostatic table mat or an electrostatic bag. Confirm that the jumper configuration of the motherboard is correct to avoid damage to the product due to misuse.
4. The industrial control motherboard can support both CRT and 18bit color TFTLCD display output without mutual influence, and can be connected and used at the same time. There is a CRT adapter cable in the attachment, connect one end of the adapter cable to the CN4 of the motherboard, and the other end to the CRT monitor, and the CRT will display correctly when it is powered on.
2. The difference between industrial control motherboard and commercial motherboard
1. Dimensions and specifications: At present, commercial motherboards mainly adopt the ATX architecture; in order to adapt to various application environments, industrial motherboards adopt motherboards of various sizes and specifications, including ATX, Micro-ATX, LPX, POS and other specifications.
2. Support for expansion slots: Commercial motherboards often only provide 4 PCI slots. Due to the constraints of the PCI specification, basically the drive capability of PCI 4 has a considerable attenuation, so most commercial motherboards only provide 3 PCI slots ;Industrial motherboard, due to its industrial design materials, its support for PCI slots can easily realize the support for 5 PCIs, and it will not cause the attenuation of PCI driving ability. At the same time, it can support high-bandwidth PCI-E devices. With an ISA slot, it can realize good support for industrial ISA low-speed acquisition cards and data cards. Embedded with GPIO bus, it can realize GPI and GPO functions.
3. Components used: Due to the timeliness of the products pursued by commercial motherboards and the market positioning of their own products, the requirements for component selection generally only need to meet the service life of the system for 2 to 3 years; the selection of materials for industrial motherboards Components that have been verified for a long time and have high requirements will be selected to ensure the high reliability requirements of the product under harsh conditions. For example, some solid capacitors and closed inductors that only appear in servers and high-end commercial motherboards are widely used in industrial-grade motherboards for smart industrial control;
4. Use environment: Industrial motherboards often work in harsh environments (long working hours, harsh weather, humidity, vibration, dust, radiation, high temperature, etc.), and these environments are not suitable for commercial motherboards. Most of today’s commercial motherboards It can only be operated in a stable environment (short working hours, indoors, normal temperature).
5. Life cycle: The commercial motherboard market is updated very fast, so the general commercial motherboard only has a life cycle of half a year to one year; in the industrial market, taking smart industrial control as an example, due to smart industrial control and Taiwan VIA and other manufacturers It is a long-term strategic partnership, so the industrial-grade motherboard of smart industrial control can reach a life cycle of up to 5 years, or even longer.
6. Product reliability: Due to the market positioning of ordinary commercial motherboards, its products generally only do CCC certification, Great Wall certification, and civil-grade electromagnetic compatibility certification for electronic products; industrial-grade motherboards are aimed at the industrial market, so To meet the needs of reliability, each motherboard will be tested and certified for CE EMC, FCC, QA reliability, CCC, vibration, drop and other industrial-level requirements before it goes on the market.
7. Manageability: Commercial motherboards only provide the simplest remote management (by connecting to the network and using third-party software, such as REAL VNC, PC ANYWHARE, etc.); industrial motherboards can provide similar remote connection management, and can also Realize remote unattended automatic switch function. Through the embedded IPMB and SMNP-1000 modules, the management, recording and sending functions of the real-time operation information of the system can be realized.
The above is the content about the industrial control motherboard that I want to share with you this time. I hope you have a certain understanding of the content shared this time. If you want to read articles of different categories, you can select the corresponding channel at the top of the page.